Please make sure you have all of your mail details before continuing
Please note: we provide these details as a courtesy to customers on how to configure this email application. We do not, however, provide support on how to use the software or the OS platform you are using.
For assistance on how to use this software or any software outside of the email application, please contact the respective software manufacturers, or visit their relevant online support pages.
Once you have your mail details, proceed to the following steps:
- Open Thunderbird.
- Click Tools.
- Select Account Settings from the drop down menu.
- Click “Account Actions”.
- Select Add Mail Account.
- Type your name, email address and email address password into the fields provided.
- Click “Continue”.
- Thunderbird will automatically select the server host name, port number, SSL and Authentication settings for you.Some of these settings will need to be adjusted.
- Click “Manual Config”.
- Change the incoming settings to
Incoming protocol: Select POP3 from the drop down.
Incoming server hostname: mail.digitaldevelopments.com.au
Incoming port: 995
Incoming SSL: SSL/TLS
Incoming authentication: Normal password
- Change the outgoing settings to
Outgoing protocol: SMTP
Outgoing server hostname: Your Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) outgoing mail server (as linked to above).
Outgoing port: 110
Outgoing SSL: SSL/TLS
Outgoing authentication: Normal password
- Modify the username settings to
Username: email@example.com (ensure to place your full email address – including the domain name)
- Click “Create Account”.
- Click “Confirm Security Exception”.
- Thunderbird will verify the settings and complete the creation of your email account.
If you require further assistance in using the Apple Mail application, please visit the Thunderbird Manual Account Configuration page