Set up POP3 email in: Outlook 2003
Please make sure you have all of your mail details before continuing
Please note: we provide these details as a courtesy to customers on how to configure this email application. We do not, however, provide support on how to use the software or the OS platform you are using.
For assistance on how to use this software or any software outside of the email application, please contact the respective software manufacturers, or visit their relevant online support pages.
Once you have your mail details, proceed to the following steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2003.
- Select Tools from the menu bar.
- Select E-mail Accounts.
- Select the Add a new e-mail account option.
- Click “Next”.
- Select the POP3 radio option.
- Click “Next”.
- Complete the following information:
Your Name: This is the name that appears when people are receiving your emails.
Email Address: The email address you are sending email from.
Incoming mail server: mail.digitaldevelopments.com.au
Outgoing mail server: Your Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) outgoing mail server (as linked to above).
User Name: The full email address is required, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: The password provided for this email account.
- Click “More Settings”.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select the My outgoing mail sever (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox and Use same settings as incoming mail server.
- Select the Advanced tab.
You can now choose either SSL Encryption, or no encryption.
With SSL Encryption
This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): Selected.
Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) number to 995.
Note: Enabling SSL Encryption on shared email services may cause some warnings in your email software to appear.
Without SSL Encryption (Default)
This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): Unselected.
Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) number to 110.
Use the following type of encrypted connection: None.
- Click “OK”.
- Click “Test Account Settings”.
- If all the details are correct, a popup window should display a “Congratulations! All tests Completed Successfully. Click Close to continue.” message.
- Click “Close”.
- Click “Next” button, then “Finish” button.