Writing for SEO and writing to engage your readers may seem like two contrasting goals. Well, not necessarily. When you want an SEO-friendly text that’s easy to read, you must prominently place the words you want to be found for. However, overuse of keywords can affect the readability of your blog.
Create a structure for your blog post
Begin your post by defining we structure. Each post must contain:
• An introduction ( where you introduce the topic )
• A body ( which contains your primary message )
• A conclusion ( that summarises the most important points of your post or draws a conclusion ).
Headings are great not just for readability but for SEO too. Headers help search engines to understand the main topic of a long blog post, which is why they can help your SEO ranking. When you want your visitors to navigate your articles, use subheadings to lead them, help them glean the page and understand the structure of your content.
Be sure to use keywords in some of your sub-headings. Avoid using them in every subheading lest it makes your text unnatural and complex.
Add blog posts regularly
When you add blog posts to your site regularly, search engines gather that your site is active. If it’s an inactive site, Google bots will crawl it less frequently, which can negatively impact your rankings.
Use an SEO plugin
Yoast SEO plugin is a great choice. It’s free and very easy to use. The plugin helps you to write SEO-friendly text. Choose your focus keyword – this is the search phrase you want to be found for. The plugin will check your text to ensure whether you’ve used the keyword in the appropriate places. It will help you optimise numerous aspects of your writing by:
– Allowing you to create a meta description
– Analysing your content and calculating the Flesch reading score
– Checking for the presence of images and links
– Checking that you’ve incorporated your keywords in the most important parts of your page – the heading, the title, the URL, the meta description and the body of the article.
– Checking the word count and the keyword density in the article
The quality of your content plays an important role in your SEO efforts. You can no longer make do with inferior content and an inactive website. When you want to consistently rank at the top of the SERPs, you must deliver high-quality content.